Paragraph of the Week pt4

How do you keep yourself in high spirits in the midst of difficult times? Is there a particular person you talk to for inspiration? A song that motivates you? A walk in nature? What about this particular person or activity helps lift your spirits?

When I’m sad I usually listen to uplifting music and read a book. Don’t forget about the ice cream, either. Music is probably the thing that helps the most, though. I have a playlist on Spotify called Feel Good, and that is my go-to playlist. It’s mostly filled with sad lyrics with an uplifting beat. I also read because it takes me out of reality for a while. But that’s not a long-term fix. I’ll read for a while, and then when I’m done everything will come rushing back, and I’ll start crying again. Also ice cream. Just because.

One Comment
  1. Dear Mara,
    Having a ‘go-to’ playlist is a great strategy for helping to lift your spirits. It’s interesting that your Feel Good playlist has music with sad lyrics, though. However, sometimes a good cry is exactly what we need when we’re feeling down. It’s helpful to get your emotions out and then move on!