The Pirate, the Princess, and Me, The Rat

The Pirate, the Princess, and Me, The Rat is a short story by Linda Bailey. I think that this story is fiction. I think that this story is fiction because well.. Have you ever seen a dancing rat? Or maybe a little rat sunscreen? I think not. But, rats do live in docks, and pirates definitely smell bad. Also as the author says, nobody likes a rat. Even though it has a few non fiction elements even one fiction element made it a fiction story. In the story the rat and the princess had a friendship but, at the end of the story she leaves him on the dock. How would that make you feel? The rat was happy at the end of the story because he knew that his princess was out there somewhere. 

2 Comments
  1. Wow, Mara, I really like the conversational tone and the smooth flow of your writing in this post. I could hear your voice in my head as I read it. This sounds like an interesting story. Thanks for writing about it!

• Hi Elana,
      Thanks for commenting on my blog. I know that you are a speech writer so I was wondering if you have any tips for me. Thanks in advance!

-Mara